Wednesday 4 April 2012

Subtle Indigo Make Up Tutorial


I created this look using my MAC Parlour Smoke Eyeshadow Quad, but you can re-create this look just using similar colours.You can see swatches here.

For The Face
Foundation: Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in Siberia
Concealer: Benefit IT Stick
Blush: Mac Powder Blush in Empire

For The Eyes

Step 1: Prime your eyes. I used Mac Paint Pot in 'Painterly'

Step 2: I applied Parlour Smoke (light, shimmery purple) all over my lid and blended it up into my crease.


Step 3: I applied Steel (dark grey), into my crease and down at the outer of my eye in a sideways 'V' shape.


Step 4: Using a fluffy angled brush, I applied Indigo Noir along my bottom lash line and continued the line upwards on the outer corner to create a winged effect.


Step 5: I applied an almost-black shadow right along the upper lash line.


Step 6: I lined my upper water line with a black eye-liner, and my lower lash line with a skin coloured pencil (or concealer stick), to open up the eyes.


Step 7: I used Shroom by MAC on a fluffy blush and blended this along my brow bone.


Step 8: I filled in my eyebrows using Cross Cultural, and ran through them with MAC's Brow Set.


For The Lips
I mixed two shades of lipstick to create this colour (both of which are now discontinued), but any sort of pinky/coral colour would go with this look. 


I hope you enjoyed this, feel free to ask any questions and don't forget to follow! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment