Tuesday 24 April 2012

The Body Shop Spa Wisdom Japan Range Review


My mum received this set as a gift for her birthday and kindly let me use it for 'review purposes' ;)
Let me just start by saying they all smell AMAZING! They have a very fresh scent that really does make you feel like you're in a spa.

Japan Yuzu and Green Tea Bath Salts

(I just realized I've photographed the French Side. Doh!)


To use this you're meant to pour it under running water, but I'm very clumsy and knew if I did that I'd drop the whole damn tub in. So I scooped some out with my hand and put my hand under the running tap. I just want to say, this fills the WHOLE house with the scent, just like a lush bath bomb does! As for its colour, it doesn't change the colour of the bath water although it does turn it slightly milky (as you can see below). This is going to sound a bit ridiculous, but it makes the water feel luxurious!  Like you're stepping into your own little oasis. 



Japan Apricot and Rice Bran Finishing Mist



I was a little bewildered about what to do with this product so after some research I found out that you can spray it on your face and body to smooth, refresh and hydrate. So reluctantly, I sprayed a bit of this onto my face. It felt really weird spraying it on and left my skin feeling almost sticky. It does have that amazing smell, but its just as strong as it is in the body products, so I think it's a little over powering for your face. 

Japan Adzuki Bean and Rice Bran Showel Gel 



I used this along with my Body Shop poof and it lathers up sooooo well into a lovely creamy foam. It left my skin feeling squeaky clean and the scent lingers on your skin for hours.

Japan Adzuki Bean and Rice Wash Grains


Its instructions are 'Dampen skin and exfoliate with dry grains. Add water to foam up grains'. I did the first part and it felt really nice, I like how the grains were quite large and rough because I feel some body scrubs are a bit too gentle. The second part where it was meant to foam when water was added didn't happen which was a bit disappointing, but once I had washed the product off my skin felt heavenly! My skin has never felt so nice after any other body scrub I have aver used! The grains do not dissolve so they do stay in the bottom of your bath, so I'd probably recommend this as a shower scrub.


Japan Yuzu and Rice Body Milk


The first thing I like about this is its precise spray. I hate it when they just spray out willy-nilly and get everywhere. This product is quite watery so it's not the most moisturising, but it's great to just apply if you're in a rush and need a quick moisturise. Just spray on, rub in, and because it sinks in fast you don't have to worry about getting it on your clothes while you're dressing.


I hope you found this helpful, please feel free to ask any other questions you may have about these products. Have a great day! :D

Where else to find me:


1 comment: