Tuesday 6 March 2012

Quick Grunge Make Up Tutorial

(Above: Another, yet again, wonky photo of finished look. It's so hard to take pictures of your own face!)

I've seen the grunge look a lot in magazines such as Vogue and Harper's Bazaar, so I thought that I'd do my take on it. The eyes look effortlessly done and the eyebrows have a sort of untamed-tamed look.

For The Face
Foundation: MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15
Blush: Rimmel Multi-Tonal Powder Blush in 'Autumn Catwalk', applied along the cheekbone.
Contour: MAC Powder Blush in Coppertone. Contour the cheeks by sucking in your cheeks to make your cheekbones stand out, and apply Coppertone in the hollow below the cheekbones from your ears towards the outer corner of your mouth, until in line with your pupils. 

For The Eyes

Step 1: Prime your eyes.

Step 2: Line your upper and lower waterline heavily with a long lasting black eye liner.

Step 3: Blend out the eye liner along the upper and lower lash line, using a small smudger brush. 


Step 4: Using a matte black eye shadow, set the smudged eye liner in place by roughly going over it with a larger brush.


Step 5: Curl eye lashes.


Step 6: Apply a few coats of a thickening mascara to create a spidery lashes effect.


For the Eyebrows
Using an eyebrow gel ( I used MAC Brow Set), brush all hairs directly upwards, and then using the tip of the brush, take it along the top of they eyebrows to put them back into shape.



For The Lips
For the daytime I would just go for a nude lip colour/gloss, but for evening I would go for something a bit more dramatic like a wine stained lip.

(Sorry for the poor photo quality on this one, my camera was about to die!)

I hope this helped, feel free to ask any questions, and don't forget to follow! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment