Monday 30 January 2012

Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in '513 Black Pearl' Review


I purchased this nail varnish a number of weeks ago, but have only just gotten around to using it, and I must say it's not all I thought it would be.
I prepared my nails by filing and buffing the edges to the shape that I desired. I then wiped over the nail surface with acetone to remove any oils (this helps the varnish last longer). I then applied my base coat ( I used Stickey by Creative Nail Design). Then comes the nail varnish, I applied one coat of 'Black Pearl' and it appeared a bit thin and see-through, but after the second coat it was completely covered and appeared the same colour as in the bottle. I waited for that to dry and then applied my top coat ( Seche Vite). 
The end result was brilliant, and the colour looked amazing (see below).


But this didn't last long, and the varnish started chipping after about a day. For the price  (£17.50!), I expected a little more. But for a night out this nail varnish makes you feel just that little bit more glamorous, so why not treat yourself?

Hope this helps, and feel free to ask any questions :)

You can purchase Chanel Nail colours at many Debenhams and Selfridges and also on their online stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment